Templeseeker is a growing travel blog that focuses on historical and religious sites around the world. Guest posting is a great way to grow your own blog and expand your audience. It’s also great for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). We are now opening up to guest bloggers who meet the following criteria:
- Own a travel blog (personal blog not a business) with over 1000 monthly page views.
- Social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (Pinterest and LinkedIn are a bonus!)
- A paid for .com domain (free domains such as example.wordpress.com or example.blogspot.com will not be accepted).
- Fluent in written English (blogs with grammatical errors will not be accepted)
Image: the Golden Pavilion in Japan by guest blogger Medha from www.hoppingfeet.com
We are particularly looking for destination based travel guides or personal experiences that relate to places of worship or pilgrimage. Photo essays and Instagram walks work particularly well, and must contain your original photography. Examples are:
- Visiting the White Mosque of Casablanca
- Exploring the temples of Angkor Wat
- Churches of Prague on foot
- My Archaeological dig in X
- An emotional pilgrimage to the Vatican
- Hajj – An Islamic journey to Saudi Arabia
Please note that you do not have to be religious to write for www.templeseeker.com, you just have an interest in religious and historical sites. When guest posting on Temple Seeker, you may write as a pilgrim offer an insider view on a trip, but as this is a travel blog with a focus on sites, please do not write with the intention to convert the audience. We ‘templeseek’ from an academic perspective.
Image: Guest blogger Maider from www.packandclick.com
Examples of previous guest posts include:
- A Pilgrimage to the Birthplace of Krishna
- Hindu Festivals and Customs of Bali – Island of the Gods
- Laos Wat Sisaket – Ancient Flavour to the Vientiane Temple Scene
- Borobudur – The Hidden Treasure of Indonesia
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to pitch your story or article. Once your topic is approved, please make sure that the article includes the following:
- Proposed headline
- 700-1500 words
- 5-10 original images
- Subheadings (will appear on the blog as H2 tags)
- Bio including blog link and social media accounts
In return for your guest post, you will receive:
- Credit for photography that links back to your personal blog
- One ‘dofollow’ link back to your blog (root domain)
- Social media promotion on @templeseeker’s Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
If you are a business looking to promote your product or gain a backlink, your article will be classed as a sponsored post, and advertising fees start from $150. Please email email@example.com for more information.