As most of you are aware, I’m back in the UK until Christmas, for some much-needed family time. So in this blog post, I will introduce you to the best Christmas shopping destinations in Uk, so I will admit it – I love to shop!
Here are top Christmas Destinations in the UK:
Christmas Shopping Destinations UK – Top 10 Shopping Destinations!
I have shopped with my girlfriends and family in many UK cities. If you are interested in a UK shopping destinations, here are my top 10 UK shopping destinations…
– You can’t go wrong with Oxford Street! Especially if you love your designer gear. But, my favorite shopping destination is Camden Market, where Cyberdog meets hippy hangout! Grunge, vintage, alternative, Camden has it all. From the center of London, you can also take a trip out to Westfield if you like big shopping centers.
Camden Marketen:User: Grim23 [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia CommonsRead about Solo Female Travel in London and How to See London on a Budget.
– Bicester Village is a shopping destination and designer outlet about an hour out of London in the county of Oxfordshire. It offers high street and designer shopping for up to 50% discount. My top picks are Ted Baker, Hobbs, MK, and Agent Provocateur.
Bicester Village, Oxfordshire
Image Credit: Geograph (Commons)
Book hostel accommodation in the UK on hostelworld.com
Book UK Hotels on booking.com.
Birmingham – I grew up in Wolverhampton, about ten miles out of Birmingham. So Birmingham was the go-to the shopping destination of my teens and made a fun train trip. The Bull Ring (central shopping area) has recently been renovated. Birmingham New Street Station has also been completely modernized and transformed.
Birmingham Bullring Bull
– My University city is in at number 4! Manchester city center is great for high street shopping. The Trafford Centre (see featured image) is perfect for that big shopping trip and for designer labels. Afflecks Palace in the Northern Quarter is just what you need for Indie and alternative fashion.
Sheffield – Sheffield city center and Meadowhall are great places to shop in. This season, Meadowhall has ‘Meadowhall on Ice’ – a festive Ice Skating experience within their ‘igloo’!
One of the best shopping destinations in UK
– Liverpool city center and the newly renovated Liverpool ONE means that you simply have to shop with the desperate Scousewives! Stay overnight at the Albert Docs and visit The Beatles Story while you are there. Read about my Top 5 Reasons to Love Liverpool!
Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons
Leeds – There are several quirky arcades in Leeds. It’s also great for geeky sci-fi gifts (Travelling Man, Patriot Games, Forbidden Planet). There is an excellent high street (Michael Kors, Hobbs) and the Corn Exchange for alternative shoppers.
Edinburgh – The city center of Edinburgh hosts some fabulous Christmas markets in the run-up to Christmas. Just be prepared – it will be cold!
Christmas Markets in Edinburgh
– My current home town! Nothing beats a stroll down the shambles for the stunning independent shops in York. The York Christmas markets accompanied by a glass of mulled wine will go down a treat in this stunning historical city.
– The Bluewater shopping center in Kent hosts over 300 shops and a leisure complex with cinemas. This is always the perfect stop off for me before heading to France on the Eurostar.
Bluewater Shopping Centre
Image Credit: Wikipedia Commons
Where are you shopping in the UK this Christmas?
Don’t Forget Your Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is so important as it will help you with emergencies and unexpected costs on your trip. Make sure that you declare any pre-existing health conditions so that you are covered for those. Check your cover for accidents and medical care and also lost baggage or getting things stolen. Remember to report as soon as something goes wrong on your trip because some travel insurance companies require you to report something that you want to claim for within 24 hours. Read the fine print carefully when you sign up. I always recommend World Nomads. You can get a free quote here: