Turkish e Visa! Do I need a Visa to Travel to Turkey?

Do I need a Visa for Turkey?

The answer to this question, of course, depends on where you are from! If you are British, you will need to get a visa for Turkey, and you can read about my Turkish e Visa experience here.
If you are not British, you will need to check with your embassy of the government to find out the correct visa requirements.

What is a Turkish e Visa for British Nationals?

There are two ways that you can get your visa for Turkey. You can either buy the visa on entry or book it online in advance and get a Turkish e Visa.
It is cheaper to get it online in advance because if you get the Visa at the airport, you end up paying £20 rather than $20 which works out slightly more expensive. Also, they will be phasing out the ‘visa on arrival’ system.

How do you get a Turkish e Visa?


You can apply for and get your Turkish e Visa here: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Make sure that you only use the official government website. There are unfortunately a lot of rip off websites out there, trying to make a profit off you.
You can also check on visa requirements as a British National by visiting the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website. The FCO has advice for British citizens on traveling to and living in foreign countries. The government have our best interests at heart, and all the official links, so the FCO website is always a good source of authority, particularly on visas and safety.

I’ve got my e Visa and I’m ready to go!


I’m flying to Istanbul on 10th August, and I’m pleased to say that I’ve got my e Visa ready to rock and roll! I’m traveling solo from Istanbul to Sofia during August 2015, so if you are interested, you can sign up for my blog. You can also follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.

Don’t Forget Your Travel Insurance

Travel insurance is so important as it will help you with emergencies and unexpected costs on your trip. Make sure that you declare any pre-existing health conditions so that you are covered for those. Check your cover for accidents and medical care and also lost baggage or getting things stolen. Remember to report as soon as something goes wrong on your trip because some travel insurance companies require you to report something that you want to claim for within 24 hours. Read the fine print carefully when you sign up. I always recommend World Nomads. You can get a free quote here:


For more on Turkey, read about…

Is Istanbul safe?
Turkish Airlines Manchester to Istanbul
Sultan Hostel Istanbul

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.