It’s been an amazing month in the Philippines, but sadly, all good things come to an end! In all honesty, I’m ready to head home. I love this place, I really do, but there are certain people back at home that I miss greatly, especially Sy! One thing’s for sure, I’m not looking forward to going back to UK weather! For the last few days here in Manila, I checked in at Z Hostel.
Book Z Hostel on booking.com
Location of Z Hostel
Z Hostel is located in Makati, a great district for bars, restaurants and shopping. It’s an upmarket hostel that includes WIFI and towels. It also has a fantastic rooftop terrace.
Rooms at Z Hostel – My 6 Bed Dorm!
The dorm rooms are well designed for sharing. They also have a kitchen within the dorm, to use for basic food preparation.
Charging gadgets is extremely important to me as a blogger, and I am pleased to have two sockets – one by my bed with a small shelf for charging, and one in my locker so that I can charge things during the day while I’m out. You can bring your own padlock or buy one here to lock your locker for security.
Oh, and you also get a Z Hostel dressing gown! I couldn’t resist 😉
Communal Areas and Cafe
Sometimes I don’t carry my laptop in Asia, I just use my iPad on the go. Z has a study area with fast computers provided for guests to use – perfect for bloggers. There’s also free WIFI in the café where plenty of bloggers hang out.
Z Hostel is not just any hostel – it gives you a special bracelet that you can top up and charge to (reminds me of the Blue Lagoon in Iceland!)
Breakfast at Z Hostel
One of the great things about this Hostel is that breakfast is included in the price of your bed or room. I always like to start the day with a good breakfast, and if I don’t have to worry about finding somewhere to eat, it saves a lot of time in the morning – more time for sight seeing and exploring!
Halloween at Z Hostel
I was most impressed with the Halloween decorations at Z Hostel, particularly as I am a big fan of stranger things…
Z Hostel Tips
- It can be busy on weekends and parties happen on the rooftop terrace – if you are concerned about your sleep, simply ask for a room lower down in the building.
- Charge your bracelet with a minimum of 300 Pesos to allow you access to the roof terrace.
- Take or buy a padlock to keep your belongings secure.
- Download GRAB Taxi App to book taxis through your smartphone and know how much you will pay.
- Be aware that the Red Light district is not too far away – things will look slightly…erm…different at night! But it’s safe to walk around (watch your things of course) and there are some great bars.
Book Z Hostel in Manila
Book a dorm bed or room at Z Hostel now…
Book on booking.com
Or, if you have higher budget to splurge, I recommend staying at the Raffles Makati.
You might also enjoy reading about arriving in Manila and Bat Hunting in Puerta Princesa Underground River.
You might also like to read about Condo in Manila – My first Air BnB