It’s been an amazing month in the Philippines, but sadly, all good things come to an end! In all honesty, I’m ready to head home. I love this place, I really do, but there are certain people back at home that I miss greatly, especially Sy! One thing’s for sure, I’m not looking forward to going back to UK weather! For the last few days here in Manila, I checked in at Z Hostel.
Book Z Hostel on booking.com
Location of Z Hostel
Z Hostel is located in Makati, a great district for bars, restaurants and shopping. It’s an upmarket hostel that includes WIFI and towels. It also has a fantastic rooftop terrace.
Rooms at Z Hostel – My 6 Bed Dorm!
The dorm rooms are well designed for sharing. They also have a kitchen within the dorm, to use for basic food preparation.
Charging gadgets is extremely important to me as a blogger, and I am pleased to have two sockets – one by my bed with a small shelf for charging, and one in my locker so that I can charge things during the day while I’m out. You can bring your own padlock or buy one here to lock your locker for security.
Oh, and you also get a Z Hostel dressing gown! I couldn’t resist 😉
Communal Areas and Cafe
Sometimes I don’t carry my laptop in Asia, I just use my iPad on the go. Z has a study area with fast computers provided for guests to use – perfect for bloggers. There’s also free WIFI in the café where plenty of bloggers hang out.
Z Hostel is not just any hostel – it gives you a special bracelet that you can top up and charge to (reminds me of the Blue Lagoon in Iceland!)
Breakfast at Z Hostel
One of the great things about this Hostel is that breakfast is included in the price of your bed or room. I always like to start the day with a good breakfast, and if I don’t have to worry about finding somewhere to eat, it saves a lot of time in the morning – more time for sight seeing and exploring!
Halloween at Z Hostel
I was most impressed with the Halloween decorations at Z Hostel, particularly as I am a big fan of stranger things…
Z Hostel Tips
- It can be busy on weekends and parties happen on the rooftop terrace – if you are concerned about your sleep, simply ask for a room lower down in the building.
- Charge your bracelet with a minimum of 300 Pesos to allow you access to the roof terrace.
- Take or buy a padlock to keep your belongings secure.
- Download GRAB Taxi App to book taxis through your smartphone and know how much you will pay.
- Be aware that the Red Light district is not too far away – things will look slightly…erm…different at night! But it’s safe to walk around (watch your things of course) and there are some great bars.
Book Z Hostel in Manila
Book a dorm bed or room at Z Hostel now…
Book on booking.com
Or, if you have higher budget to splurge, I recommend staying at the Raffles Makati.
You might also enjoy reading about arriving in Manila and Bat Hunting in Puerta Princesa Underground River.