Situated between Levanto and Bonassola in Liguria, Italy, is the secluded La Francesca resort. If you are looking for a peaceful eco-seaside location, the Italian Riviera is the place to be. Throw on your walking boots for this one guys – this coastline is spectacular!
La Francesca Resort
The accommodation at La Francesca resort is self catering apartments or eco-bungalows. On-site facilities include a swimming pool, tennis court, bar and restaurant (although do check on the time of year, as these facilities may not be included off season).
Make sure that you arrive and check in between 9am and 4pm. If you want to arrive outside of these hours, email in advance and your key and map will be made available for you to collect.
The rooms are clean and spacious, with a small kitchen and a private bathroom. We had a fantastic sea view balcony.
The self catering aspect of the holiday make it extremely reasonable cost wise. Just 25€ in Conad supermarket set us up for 3 days, with breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks.
Getting to La Francesca Resort
The best way to get to La Francesca is by train. Trains go direct to Levanto (the nearest station) from Pisa and Milan. From Levanto, La Francesca resort is just 20-25 minutes walk along the coastline.
However, the first time that you arrive to check in, you are probably best getting a taxi, because you need the keys to use the coastline gate. When you arrive at Levanto, just call +393382366355. Sometimes there will be cabs waiting at the station, but not always, so be prepared to phone. You should be paying between 10€ to 20€ depending on the time of day.
You will receive two keys – one is for your apartment and the other is for the gate to the walking path on the coast.
Levanto and Bonassola
From La Francesca, you can walk to neighboring towns Levanto and Bonassola via a coastal path which actually takes you through tunnels under the mountains!
Levanto is a beautiful small town where you can find a town hall, church, beach and plenty of restaurants and pizzerias. There is a supermarket there, so it’s a great idea to stock up there at Conad City on your first day. Just remember that everything closes at around 1pm on a Sunday!
Why I LOVE La Francesca Resort
- Clean and comfortable accommodation
- Secluded and relaxing atmosphere
- Friendly locals who speak beautiful Italian
- Beautiful scenery and coastal views
- Lovely local architecture in Levanto and Bonassola
- Close to Cinque Terre National Park
Tips for La Francesca Resort
- Learn basic Italian – many people in this area don’t speak much English. A little Italian will help you to get by and increase your popularity with the locals.
- Take a good pair of walking boots – there are a lot of hilly walks and winding roads.
- Bring some food supplies for self catering, especially off season.
- WIFI can be difficult to access, so you may want to stock up on data or get an Italian SIM card.
- Book you train in advance with www.trenitalia.com
- Stick to local footpaths and do not litter or disturb wildlife.
- On Sundays, most places are closed, including supermarkets from 1pm onwards.
- Remember that little will be open on site during the low season. They sometimes even refurbish the coastal walkways!
Book La Francesca on…
You might also like to read this 2 weeks in Italy Itinerary for a longer stay.
*Many thanks to my sponsor, La Francesca Resort, who provided me with free accommodation for three nights.
One thought on “La Francesca Resort, Cinque Terre – A Relaxing holiday on the Italian Riviera”
Pingback: Pisa for Valentines Day - The Duomo, Leaning Tower and Pizza!